20’ Community Storm Shelter (Up To 27 People)
Effective, Reliable Storm Shelter You Can Trust.
- Comfortably Protect Up To 27 People Simultaneously
- Meets FEMA 361 and ICC-500 Guidelines
- Rated For Up To Category EF-5 Tornadoes and Hurricanes
- ADA Compliant
The 20’ community storm shelter at Stormbox is the ideal solution for community storm shelters. The storm safe room is installed above ground for ease of use and convenient access. Our team at Stormbox can quickly and affordably install your community storm shelter in a matter of weeks — not months. Contact us today to get your free quote and help protect your community.
- Dimensions: 8’ wide x 8’-6” tall x 20’ long (160 square feet)
- Shelter weight: 8,140 lbs, Foundation weight: 64,000 lbs
- Door dimensions: 3’3” wide x 6’9” tall (ADA accessible) with two doors per unit
- Built with the following steel specifications: All structural steel plates and angles are ASTM grade A36 Steel. Rectangular steel tubes are ASTM grade A500. All structural steel tubing has ¼” thick walls. All welds are inspected by a CWI (Certified Welding Inspector). All inspections meet IBC Ref: 1704.3.1
- Paint system is rust and corrosion-resistant.
- Interior: Water Borne.
- Exterior: Urethane Industrial Strength (Standard for Automakers)
- Triple-locking door system for extra safety and security
- 20 amp, 110-volt electrical service is needed. Both exterior and interior lights have 90-minute emergency back-up battery.
- Convection air ventilation system included
- Installation and foundation available (call for pricing)
- Foundation (required spec): 16” Reinforced 4000 PSI concrete
- Shelters meet FEMA 361 and ICC 500 codes with 250 MPH wind rating. Wall sections and doors successfully passed Texas Tech Wind Research Institute simulated tornado missile impact test. Shelters are designed and sealed by a Structural Engineer.