10’ Community Storm Shelter (Up To 14 People)
This StormBox Above Ground Community Storm Shelter is ideal for larger groups of people in need of a proven storm shelter that will provide fast and economical protection. This shelter is manufactured to FEMA 361 and ICC-500 guidelines and is rated to withstand an EF-5 Tornado. Rated for 14 people, this tornado shelter features the following:
- Dimensions: 8’ wide x 8’-6” tall x 10’ long ( 80 square feet)
- Shelter weight: 5,340 lbs Foundation Weight: 37,000 lbs
- Door dimensions: 3’3” wide x 6’9” tall ( ADA accessible) with two doors per unit
- Built with the following steel specifications: All structural steel plates and angles are ASTM grade A36 Steel. Rectangular steel tubes are ASTM grade A500. All structural steel tubing has ¼” thick walls. All welds are inspected by a CWI (Certified Welding Inspector) All inspections meet IBC Ref:1704.3.1
- Paint system is rust and corrosion-resistant.
- Interior: Water Borne.
- Exterior: Urethane Industrial Strength (Standard for Automakers)
- Triple-locking door system for extra safety and security
- 20 amp, 110-volt electrical service is needed. Both exterior and interior lights have a 90-minute emergency back-up battery
- Convection ventilation system included
- Installation and foundation available (call for pricing)
- Foundation (required spec): 16” reinforced 4000 PSI concrete
- Shelters meet FEMA 361 and ICC 500 codes with 250 MPH wind rating. Wall sections and doors successfully passed Texas Tech Wind Research Institute simulated tornado missile impact test. Shelters are designed and sealed by a structural engineer.